Monday, April 18, 2011

Edward Bess Lip Products- Swatches and Reviews

I'm back and I brought some swatches with me!  As I mentioned in my previous post, I purchased the following lip products from Edward Bess:
Ultra Slick Lipstick in Pure Impulse
Deep Shine Lip Gloss in Desert Glow
Deep Shine Lip Gloss in Endless Love

Let's start from the top, shall we?
I would describe Ultra Slick Lipstick in Purse Impulse as a a pinky-beige.  While it's a darker shade of nude than I would normally opt for, I found this shade to suit my skin tone (Chanel #30, NARS Santa Fe) nicely.
                                                                Pure Impulse
When Edward first put this color on me, I didn't see it until he had topped it with a mixture of two lipglosses, Endless Love and Desert Glow.
                                                                   Endless Love
                                                               Desert Glow
When I told him I wanted to purchase all three, I wasn't entirely convinced that the shade the sales associate had given me was the shade that was on my lips.  There was no way that this dark color was what had given me my J. Lo lips.  Telling myself I couldn't second guess Edward, I put my best doubtless face forward and headed out, and boy am I glad I did.  Later that evening, I decided to try out my new products.  I put on the lipstick and thought it was a nice color, but it couldn't have been my Jenny from the Block lips.
Au contraire, my friends!  Two quick swipes of Desert Glow, a perfectly creamy nude, and Endless Love, a sheer cool-toned baby pink with the slightest hint of peach, on top of the lipstick and I was back at it!  The result was a perfectly sandy nude lip.  I had finally found my perfect sex kitten lip!
                                 (From top to bottom: Desert Glow, Endless Love, Pure Impluse)
What's so special about this lip combo is that while it goes perfectly with a smokey eye, it also goes equally well with other toned-down looks. And to top it all off, all three products taste and smell incredible!  I would highly recommend these products to anyone who want a go-to look that can accompany any look!

No comments:

Post a Comment