Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Show Me What You Got...

What's a girl like me to do on a regular Saturday?  Go shopping, of course!  As I mentioned in a previous post, I picked up a handful of products this weekend.  I teased you all with swatches of the Edward Bess lip products, so I figured it's about time for me to show some of the other new addi(c)tions to my collection.

Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill:
These hyped up shadows come in a variety of colors.  What I found most intriguing about this product is how tightly packed they are.  While they are a loose powder, they are packed so tightly that the texture almost becomes creamy rather than powdery.  I must say, however, that since they are so densely packed, the colors look slightly darker in the jar than when worn on the skin.
                                                                    (Top to Bottom: (8 and 9)
Since I was channeling a sunkissed look that day, I opted for shades 8 and 9.  Both shades have a gold undertone running through them, which almost catches the eye as a glitter because of the texture.  The incredible shimmer running through these shadows give that perfect glow that seems to only be achieved through cream shadows.  Shade number 8 has more of a pink tone than number 9, which is closer to a beige color.  On Saturday night, I paired number 9 with Woodwinked from Mac and was very satisfied with the result.  On Sunday, I wore shade number 8 all over the lid with just mascara.  While I usually wear a primer on the eye, I skipped on it to give this new texture a shot.  Unfortunately, there was some creasing, but not as much as my oily lids usually warrant.  All in all, I was very satisfied with this product.  I've got my eyes set on number six next.
                                                                     Number 9
                                                                 Number 8
(Top to bottom: 9 and 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment