Monday, April 18, 2011

Edward Bess of the Best

This weekend, I had one of those "well, isn't that a coincidence" moments.  Using our Saturday to trek out to West Hollywood, my sister and I started our morning off with facials.  With our fresh and glowing faces, we headed over a couple of blocks to our second destination, the lovely Neiman Marcus.  Being avid beauty blogging addicts, we knew that this was no ordinary Neiman Marcus, but, in fact, it is the only location where one can purchase Edward Bess on the West Coast.  With one destination in mind, we rushed past other counters and were led to the Edward Bess counter.  We were greeted by two beautiful and helpful associates who gladly walked us through the luscious line.  We thought they had already made our day by showing us the wonders of the line, but they suddenly hurdled some information at us that nearly knocked us to the ground.  The lovely ladies, or messengers of he Heavens as I like to call them, asked us how much longer we would be around.  We told them that we would be around a couple of hours.  These messengers must have seen the glimmer in our eyes as we refused to look away from the soft smoke eye shadow palette, because that's when they told us that Edward himself would be in the store later that day.  What?!?!  It can't be!  Once I calmed myself down enough to breathe again, we told the messengers that we would be back in a couple of hours after we ran a couple of errands.
Wishfully waiting for the hours to rush by, the time finally came to meet Edward, and what a nice time it was!  The girls had already told him all about us and how excited we were about the line.  Edward offered to do my makeup, and I, of course, practically jumped in the chair before he could finish the sentence.  We got to chatting about numerous things from reality tv shows to what brought us to the line.  After chatting a bit, Edward began to encourage me to start my own blog.  I had been thinking about it for a while, but never got the courage to actually start one up.  But, sitting there with the incredible makeup genius, I realized that if it weren't for blogging, I would have never come to this very seat.  So, my fellow bloggers, that's when I ran home (well, mentally, because I still had some other errands to run), and planned my blog!  I knew I had to keep spreading the word on great cosmetics and beauty brands to give a sprinkle of glam and grace across the blogosphere!

Here is the list of products I purchased on Saturday, as I, with my insatiable appetite, couldn't stop at the Edward Bess counter.  Stay tuned for swatches and reviews!  See you all soon!

Edward Bess Compact Rouge for Lips and Cheeks in After Sunset
Edward Bess Ultra Slick Lipstick in Pure Impulse
Edward Bess Deep Shine Lip Gloss in Desert Glow and Endless Love
By Terry Touch-Expert Advanced in 3. Beige
Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill silk eyeshadow in 8 and 9
Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Bronzing Veil in Tropical Nights 

3 comments:

  1. Lucky, lucky you! What a wonderful inspiration you had to begin your blog! Welcome to the incredible world of blogging.....I wish you tons of success and loads of fun! Love everything about this line; only wish it was available here in Montreal, Quebec..... :( !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the welcome and thanks for stopping by! I'll be reviewing other brands as well, so make sure to stop by and check it out! I just looked at your blog and I'm already obsessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so flattered.....thanks so much for your kind words! I will definitely be reading about all your adventures, you can count on that! "Christos Anesti" by the way.....from another fellow Greek! xox

    ReplyDelete