Monday, April 25, 2011

Top 5 From MAC

So, I sat down to sort out my top 5 eye shadows. I clearly had no idea what I was getting myself into. I looked at the mountain in front of me and quickly realized there was no way to limit it to my fave five. So, my dears, I have altered it to my top five MAC eye shadows. Even after limiting it to just MAC, I still had a hard time deciding on my top five, so don't be surprised if you see a second installment of my top five MAC shadows! Anyways, without further ado, here they are!

1. Satin Taupe:
No matter how many taupe eye shadows I buy, Satin Taupe will always find its way back to my eyes. The pigmentation of this shadow supersedes all other taupe eye shadows I have ever purchased. It goes nicely with my brown eyes because of its purple undertone. I must say, however, that the only thing that would make this shadow better is if I had green eyes! Amazing!

2. Sable:
I feel like this MAC shadow doesn't get enough credit. On my brown eyes, I feel like Sable is the perfect compliment. It's got a beautiful maroon undertone that blends in perfectly with the overlying brown color. The pigmentation of this eye shadow is equally as incredible as Satin Taupe. I remember the first day I wore this eye shadow I got at least five compliments within two hours! It's the perfect almost-brown shade!

3. All That Glitters:
For me, it was a toss-up between All That Glitters and Naked Lunch. I swatched each of them on my hand to make a final decision, and All That Glitters made my heart skip a beat. It's the perfect golden-peach eye shadow. This shadow really makes my brown eyes pop! What I love most about this color is its ability to be worn with so many different colors. One of my favorites to wear it with is Mulch, which I am now wishing I had squeezed in here somehow!

4. Patina:
I have to say that this is one eyeshadow whose coloring I cannot describe! Whatever it is, it's magic. I would most closely associate it with a golden beige. I have yet to find another eye shadow out there that resembles Patina. It's the perfect neutral-toned shadow that still has a kick.

5. Club:
Yet another color that is not duplicated in my makeup collection. Club is definitely one of those eye shadows that I cannot live without. It is quite frankly the only iridescent eye shadow I will wear. When first applied, Club looks green, but when blended out, it transforms into a beautiful brown. I was initially too terrified to apply this eye shadow, but let me tell you, I wanted to send weekly gift to the lovely MAC associate for introducing me to it!



(Left to Right: Satin Taupe, Sable, All That Glitters, Patina, Club)

Don't leave yet! I want to announce a start-up giveaway to all of you loyal followers! Once I reach 50 followers, I will be giving away a new MAC eye shadow of your choice! I hope my fave five can help you decide which on you want to go with!

1 comment:

  1. I love the MAC colors you swatched! Hope to see more of them in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete